Friday, July 15, 2011

After approximately +4000mg of ibuprofen over the last 3 days along with compression and ice, my elbow is felt great today. This meant a decent attempt at a lift session despite feeling tired after a 24hr shift + school all day.

Training:

LC:
5 mins @ 2x24kg; 6 rpm

Press:
3x 5-4-3 @ 2x24kg

Rows:
2x 5-4-3 @ 2x24kg

Elbow held up fine but gonna ice, compress, and dose with ibuprofen one more night just to be safe.

Everything felt good. LC was a nice slow jog. Gonna crank up the rpms again next week.

After reading my log here from the beginning I gotta say I am an ADD muthafucker that has gotten weak from cycling and then the ballistic lifts. This is why I added in the grind lifts tonight. Gonna keep up with this from here on out. Pressing the 32's for 10-20 reps non stop.....not even close right now. Maybe could get 6 reps right now.

Conditioning and strength wise, I was better back when I was doing heavy lifting with GS stuff as my conditioning. In many ways I think my inexperience with the bells and lack of technique was a major road block to my GS work more than my lack of strength was. Now that I have gotten a relatively decent bit of "special endurance" and technique, I am going to work back up to being strong. Will I hit MS or CMS in the next 2 years...dunno. Rank I definitely and CMS numbers are within reach I think, but I want to be able to move heavy shit and look good again. Plain and simple.


No comments: