Tuesday, July 24, 2012


After working a 48 hr shift in the county I went and passed the CPAT for the local fire department. Not too hard and 1 min and 8 secs left. I could've gotten a better time if I had sped up some during the walking portions but I saw 2 guys hit "the wall" from pushing too fast so I took a measured approach. Final HR after all said and done was 147 bpm. Not bad at all. Since it is a pass/fail test I passed and that is that. The proctors were impressed that I decided to test my first ever attempt and passed with a good time. Seeing as I have only done LC and a couple of sessions on the stairs at the park it definitely speaks highly of GS training in this regard. My legs felt fine through out the whole thing.

Now all I have to do is pass my paramedic boards, interview well, and maybe I will have a shot at getting on the department. Interview is scheduled for Sept 24.

After that went home and chilled for a bit and then did this:

Warmup:
Jerks: 10 reps @ 2x22kg
Stretch

then.........

LC:
5 mins @ 2x24kg; 6 rpm

Ring Dips:
3x5 @ bw

No comments: