Saturday, May 7, 2011

LC:
5 mins @ 2x24kg; 6 rpm

Press:
2x10 @ 2x16kg

GSQ:
2x10 @ 24kg

LC felt easy peasy. I can tell that I have let my cardio slide some. Went light on the presses since I'm gonna try for a longer set of LC tomorrow, +6.5 mins or so. Also gonna do a light jog/walk tomorrow with the Wooly with some rows or chins.

The last 2 weeks have been hellish. Between both jobs I might have been getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night and working 16-18 hrs a day for 5-6 days each week. Despite all this, by dialing in my diet back to a protein heavy IF'ish semblance my BF is slimming down. One thing to note is that my wife says she is definitely digging the way the physique is headed. I am happy about this.

As far as strength levels go, I am up in the air as to whether or not I will hit my Rank 1 numbers at Shetler's comp in June, but I will still give it a shot. After focusing so long on just getting the numbers up I realized that I really do miss the grind lifts and to be frank, they are fucking good for me. I know some folks may say that it will take away from the GS numbers but I really don't care. After spending the past 2 weeks loading fat ass people onto my ambulance I can tell you that back when I was squatting and deadlifting I would not be feeling nearly as fatigued as I do now from this stuff. I love GS and will continue to compete but I gotta start doing some grind work and get some of my strength back. At the moment BB work is basically out since all I got is a homemade fat bar with about 100# of weight so KB's are still the main tool....just gonna bring back the grind lifts some and still work my quick lifts first. So in short, my training will not be that much different outside of having less focus on accessory GS stuff and more grind lifts. Nothing heavy and more volume based for awhile but it is a start.

I would like to be working on the big 3 by the end of the year but finances and time constraints might make that difficult. I might not get back to some of my old numbers for a while, especially with the limited amount of shit I have at my disposal but strong is back on the horizon. Fuck being strong ONLY at GS lifts.

Good shit ladies and gents.

No comments: