Saturday, May 14, 2011

LC:
5 mins @ 2x24kg; 6 rpm

STC Rows:
3x5

I really should've taken the day off and done some light mobility work but seeing as I have not lifted since Monday I had the itch. So instead of resting I did the above. I gotta say that despite not having much in the tank from literally working 33 straight hours between both jobs with no sleep, my body feels better for dogging through this.

LC had me tired but not breathing badly. STC Rows felt good, as always. Tomorrow I will actually do that 6 min or more set and probably hit 2x 1 min sets of 9-10 rpms, pushups, and some squats.

Looking down the barrel at Shetler's comp, I can honestly say that I am probably not gonna even hit Rank 1 numbers. That should bother me a lot more than it does but I am ok with this. Over the past 2 months I have actually managed to get into my career path, albeit part-time, and climb a little bit more outta debt. Working really long hours and having little time for training but that is the real world. I am finding that all of this has shifted my perspective a bit.

Life comes first, the lifts can weight. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves. On that note, the wife and I are tossing around the idea of a kid. Sounds kinda nice.

_________________

No comments: