Thursday, November 29, 2012

Warmup:

Jerks:
5 mins @ 2x28kg; 6-7-6-7-6 rpm = 32 reps

Cleans:
5 mins @ 2x28kg; 10 rpm = 50 reps


Run:
2 miles in 18 mins

Stretch and done.


Wanted to play around with changing tempo mid set, since that is an issue for me on the platform.  Nothing to intense on the jerks but it felt good.  HR was up just a hair more than usual.

Cleans were nice and easy.  Did not want to push it since I had some superheavy's last night on the ambulance.  Glad I didn't since the lower back was a more fatigued than normal at around 4 mins.   Good news is my grip felt a hell of a lot better.  Definitely coming along.  Called it at 5 mins and will try and either go hard tomorrow or add in another volume set.

Run was good.  Pace is going up without trying on these short runs.  Since splitting the Jerk and Clean movements I have stayed away from the longer runs just to save my legs for the actual sets.  I will probably return to them once I start focusing on LC sets again.


No comments: