Thursday, January 26, 2012

Training for GS & Working in EMS

One thing that I continually see in the Emergency Medicine field is how EMT's and medics let themselves get so out of shape. On top of being fat from eating junk food, many do not have any sort of fitness plan to stave off injuries that occur in the field. Talk to any emergency responder about what body parts have they hurt while on duty and you will hear one of the following: lower back, shoulder, or knees.

I see this and they tell me it is only a matter of time but to be frank I disagree. One of the key reasons why I KNOW my back, shoulders and knees are safe is because of how I exercise.

Girevoy sport lifts tend to hit the following: back, shoulders, and legs....see where I am going here? The strength/endurance side of GS applies well to EMS and requires very little time investment, something that is huge in a field where you are on the ambulance for 24 hours straight and want to make the most of your time at home. 10-15 mins a day 3x a week would pay HUGE dividends in injury prevention.

Want to learn more? Get the Best Competition Kettlebells and/or Sign up for a Training Course!

Snatch:


Jerk:


Long Cycle (One arm variant):


Swing:

No comments: