Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LC: 4x10 @ 2x24kg; 1 min rest between each set
Rack Hold: 2x2 min
Pushup: 2x10
Chin: 2x10

Here is where I am at with my program. I have been chipping away with the timed set/OTW method of slowly adding on more time...very similar to how David Cooke has done. After 3 months my numbers have gotten better, but I still feel like they should be higher. I sat down last night and reviewed my log. After some consideration I feel like my best bet would be to try some volume training. This approach brought me to getting 200 jerks with the 16's. In the past I have always responded well to volume/density approach, cycling being a good example.

I think that by working a 3 on 1 off routine of: 2 days of volume work with the 24's along with some rack holds for time and 1 day with the 16s in a timed set fashion could possibly bring my numbers up to where I think they should be.

No comments: