Tuesday, December 2, 2008

12/2/08

Well, as is par for the course....I have an injury a couple of days out from the IGX kettlebell competition. The problem is a pain that ranges from slight to raging in between the posterior and medial heads of the deltoids. It seems to be a form of impingement syndrome that is similar to "swimmer's shoulder", a irritation of the soft tissue of the shoulder that typically develops from overtraining or improper form. I am going to blame mine of the continuance of benching while doing pseudo-pushups EVERY day on top of weekly kettlebell work. C'est la vie. This being the case, I am laying off of any training except for running or rehab/stretching work for a week.

All of this might put a damper on my progress for deads and such....but I have to get this right before I completely fuck my shoulder up.

This being the case:

Running/Jogging: 1 hour

2 comments:

Jacob Patrick said...

Glad you're being smart about this pain. It doesn't sound like a time to "just push through it." A mark of wisdom is to recognize the difference between backing off because it's the smart thing to do, and backing off because you're being a pussy. You, sir, are smart.

Ataraxium said...

Here's hoping I am correct in my diagnosis and the rest/rehab will be all that I need.