Friday, August 23, 2013

GA State KB Championship: Delivering on the Platform


After only making it to 6 mins and maybe 35 reps with the 28's in May at the ATC Throwdown in Charlotte despite repeatedly hitting 10 mins and 50 reps in training, I remember reading on facebook that "making reps at home and being able to deliver them on the platform are 2 different things".   That is a very true statement.  Unfortunately working over a 100 hrs a week in a physically demanding field while going to school and making a marriage work can lead to some training issues.  Sometimes "delivering" in one area of your life means not "delivering" in another.  Priorities are what they are.  My ever changing and hectic schedule has been a huge hurdle in programming for my coach and I.  Good thing this is just a hobby.

All that being said, I was very pleased that everything came together for this last competition, GA State Kettlebell Championship.  The meet was very well attended and everything went smoothly.  Scott Shetler, as always, made a rocking meet with great lifting and even greater lifters.  I got to see a number of PR's and ranks made.
 
My own performance exceeded my hopes.

LC:
9:30 @ 2x32kg; 39 reps (CMS & PR)

That is a PR for time and reps.  I also managed to pull the Best Male Lifter in Long Cycle.  It was a good day to be certain.  

Thanks to my wonderful coach, Eric Liford.  One True Way baby!   Also, I have to thank my loving wife for supporting my obsession with this odd sport.  She keeps me going.

The vid cut off at the very end but you get to see most of it.  If nothing else, you can see me "delivering on the platform".


No comments: