Wednesday, May 23, 2012


LC:
10 mins @ 2x22kg; 5 rpm

Pushups:
2x15 @ bw + 10 lbs

Situps:
30 reps

Did these with my new WKC Performance Competition Bells.   The flat spots sit perfectly on my wrist and are a helluva lot more comfy than my standard 24's.  That alone takes my mind off of my bird like wrists and gives me more umph to put towards actually lifting the weight.  Glad that I can go 10 mins at this weight.

BW is 170 lbs right now and I can see the top two abs.  Pretty happy with this all things considered.

Probably gonna add a set to my pushups instead of bumping the weight since the next jump is to 20 lbs.  I figure working up to 3x15 @ bw + 10 lbs will give me a good base for the bump.  I know that pushups + 20 lbs is nothing in the world of fitness where folks bench and overhead 200-300 lbs routinely but just by staying light and crisp on my pushups I have actually seen a nice return of the upper body mass I lost while cycling.  After I work up to 2-3 sets of 15 reps with my 50 lbs vest I will probably start back on some more advanced planks and planches.



No comments: