Saturday, June 26, 2010

I have been busy doing amberlamps clincals so no KB work the last two days. I did make use of the "Powerhouse" home gym machine they had at the station between calls. Normally just did some ladders of the "bench press", Lat pulldown, and leg extension. Felt good overall just to do something other than lift fat fucks all day.

Let me go ahead and state that despite my love of kettlebells and LC, I definitely can tell that I am making use of my legs and hips for the majority of my KB work because my lower back is tight from all the fatty moving. This is odd to me since I thought that the KB work I have been doing would have helped some but over the course of the last two days I can definitely tell that I need to work on some high rep sets of deads with a moderate weight.

In light of my back this was the rehab.

20 mins of mobility and general stretch work, special emphasis on the lumbar
100 swings @ 12 kg
10 min cooldown involving some more stretching and dead hangs from the chin bar

No comments: