Saturday, February 8, 2014

Busted but bringing it

24 hr ambulance shift and figured I would try to test the shoulder out.

Warmup

LC:
1 min @ 2x32kg; 5 rpm

OH holds:
3x30 secs

Hike:
6 miles brisk pace (later)

Stretched and done.

front portion of the shoulder was killing me after the first minute.  The weight was not causing the problem.  The primary issue was the bell impacting the shoulder from the clean and from the drop from lockout.  I never thought about it but the front delts cushion the bells a lot.  Felt like a sharp bruise, but with no bruising.  I am thinking that I might have bruised the fuck out of it in that mosh pit and that made the whole thing unstable resulting in me tweaking it lifting that patient.  Sucks but it is what it is.  Kinda feeling disheartened.

Overhead and during the jerks the bells felt light as hell on the legs.  I rounded out the session with some overhead holds since it is still working overhead, just without the impact. The OH holds felt fine and did not irritate the shoulder at all, which give me some hope. The shoulder actually felt better after the OH work.  I just had to be careful on the descent, ie catching the bell and transitioning the weight directly to my forearms - elbows- hips and then resting the bell gently on the shoulder.

April and May are comp months.  If I can't hit my current PR of 39 reps then I am not going to go.  I want to show up improved....not less.

No comments: