Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20/09

4/15/09
Clean: 3x135, 3x155
Dead: 3x5 @ 315
Inc Bench: 3x6 @ 155
Chin: 3x3 @ 50
Sgl Legpress: 3x8 @ 135

4/17/09
Felt like shit today...so:

Squat: 100 reps @ bw
Pumps: 30 reps
C&P: 10 rounds of 10 reps @ 2x16 kg

4/19/09

Still having trouble with interwebs connectivity.

Trail run: 3/4 mile, 4-5 mins....this made me feel fat.
Dips: 30 reps @ bw
Parallel chins: 20 reps @ bw; done on 2 vertical parallel bars....really works the grip.

I am currently feeling like my training has been bouncing around despite having a goal of competing in the Highland Games in June. I have NOT been throwing enough, though the weather has been partly to blame, but I am gaining in size. I'm not feeling like I am running out of steam and getting burnt out so much as I feel like I am being split in too many directions. Between school, jobs, and keeping up the house I don't have a lot of time to devote myself to working out like I want...and believe me, I do want to. I think that part of it is due to my shifting work schedule. It worked for a while since I had no real goals. But now that I have a defined goal, not having a defined schedule is making it a little difficult to get the wind in my sails. Gonna do some soul searching and try and hammer out a rough schedule to get this shit in line.

I don't care about winning....but I will be damned if I get out there and make a complete fool out of myself due to not training.

No comments: