Wednesday, August 13, 2014

24 hrs Fire, then.....

Warmup

LC:
3 mins @ 2x28kg; 8 rpm
3 mins @ 2x28kg; 8 rpm
3 mins @ 2x28kg; 8 rpm (ending HR 162 bpm)

Stretching

No-Gi BJJ later.....
Worked some wrestling drills.  Some decent ankle picks and the double leg takedown.  Rolling was fun.  Managed to last a full 4 mins with a blue belt, though I doubt he was going full on with me.  Rolled with another white belt that had less experience than me and went the full four minutes.  The last roll of the night was with a 190 pound blue belt and he smoked me with an arm bar within the first two minutes. Even manage to get a decent guillotine because I forgot to be mindful of my head positioning.

Overall my movement and body awareness is coming along. I still come to standstills when I'm in positions that I am unfamiliar with or when the drills that we've gone over escape me.  The only other bright spot is that my conditioning outstrips a number of the folks, even some of the higher belts.  GS FTW on that one.

No comments: